Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thank You Mr. Attorney

I'll start with the abbreviated version. The details - in all their agony and glory - can come later.

About two weeks ago my husband and I went to our first sheriff sale. Five minutes in we had the winning bid on a property I had been watching and praying for the prior 8 months. Thirty minutes in we realized that we owed our incredibly low winning bid to the bank's attorney, who (because of two transposed digits in his case number) sat through the sale without ever placing the bank's proxy bid.

Charles figures that in those five minutes we used up all our "good luck karma" for the next twenty years.Frankly, I hope he is wrong. A little more luck will come in handy. Because closing is still about 4 weeks away, and we've got a lot of work ahead of us.

3 comments:

  1. HI Kim and Charles -Congratulations on your house! Mom told me that it has a wonderful family connection, which I know fits you to a 'T'. And being close to Grandma and Grandpa Roush is a great plus. We can't wait to see it! Here's to hoping your luck holds!

    Susan and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog! We recently bought an old stone house and I am capturing its renos as well over on http://oaksandstones.wordpress.com. I feel like you are a kindred spirit and can't wait to read all of your stories over the coming days. Thank you for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new home, Kristina! As you'll see if you read far enough, I've neglected this blog terribly of late. We're still enjoying our stone house, and I really need to get back in the habit of writing here.

    ReplyDelete