Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First Housiversary

No, I haven’t been eaten up by some creepy crawly beastie from the basement. We’re all still here, busy cleaning up from an open house we had on Sunday to celebrate our first Einsel House anniversary. By our count, just under 70 people went through the house. Typically crowds are not my forte, but I must confess that I’m pretty proud of this place and it was wonderful to be able to share it with so many people.

It amazes me to think back to one year ago and to realize how much we have accomplished in just one year. But running out of home improvement projects should never be a problem around here. J The springhouse has come a long way since spring, but we need to finish the roof before winter sets in. And rebuilding the stone bridge has become a priority. The collapsed west side has eroded noticeably in the past year. Inside the house there are plenty of finishing touches to be addressed. The walls are still mostly bare and little things like door thresholds and a few last sections of baseboard need to be replaced. And last week we bought this thing to put in the north end of the kitchen:

The plan is to sand it down and stain it to match the old lab table/kitchen island.  We'll take off that paneling and have open shelves in the middle.  (But I make no promises as to when all this will get done!)



2 comments:

  1. Nice cupboard! I'm sure it will look right at home in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cabinet! Gorgeous! Sorry we couldn't be there for the anniversary. :(

    ReplyDelete