Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day


I took that picture on Wednesday when Charles and I walked down the lane to check the mail.  Charles and the kids have not had school since Monday (and I don't think it looks too good for tomorrow.)  It's not often that I get a snow day, but thanks to this winter storm we did get one day with all four of us at home. The snow itself isn't too problematic, but the thick layer of sleet/ice on top of that snow meant that I got to devote Wednesday to my kitchen.  It was a glorious day.  : )

  I went from this:



to this:



And I tacked up this little section as well:



I owe Mother Nature a thank you.  My weekends have been monopolized lately by life-other-than-the-house and that's a trend that is going to continue well into February, so I was very grateful to have an entire day to putter about putting up more beadboard.  These were the last two sections of beadboard in the north end of the room.  I've got a fair amount of painting ahead of me and then it will be on to the kitchen cupboards/crown molding portion of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment