Meanwhile, I worked on the "window" pictured below.
The previous owners added a closet on the other side of this window, so it no longer opened to any room. The white on the before picture above is just the backside of the closet's drywall. We took out the old window, framed the opening, added insulation, styrafoam backer board and some closed "shutters" to finish it off.
I also put a final coat of paint on the following area. Anyone unfamiliar with what this area looked like a month ago wouldn't give a second glance now. But - we know what it looked like a month ago, and we're pretty darn pleased with the way it looks now.
And of course my mom was at the house as well. With help from Charles' dad, they began finishing the wall outside the bathroom sinks. When we took a break for dinner they had made the following progress: