Yesterday was the kind of day you don't want to spend outside, so we found ways to stay busy inside instead. After an expensive three hour trip to the local home improvement store, we spent some quality time in the shop. We now have anough batten cut and primed to replace all the missing/too damaged to salvage batten on the north end of the addition, and enough boards cut and primed to finish off the west side of the addition as well.
In the picture below you can see one of the original battens underneath the new battens. Thanks to some help from my mom we were able to match the beveled edge from the originals on our replacements.
It's back to the house after church today, hopefully more pictures coming soon!